A 24-year-old Milwaukee man said he was robbed while attempting to sell two iPhones to a potential buyer he met on Craigslist.com.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
About 8:45 p.m. Oct. 26, the man went to an unlit entrance at Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2137 W. College Ave., to meet a man who wanted to buy two iPhones the victim had advertised for sale on Craigslist.com.
While the victim was talking to the potential buyer, he saw three men walk toward him. One of the men was holding a club. When one of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you mother (expletive)," the Milwaukee man fled in his vehicle.
He drove south on Interstate 94, and the other men followed him. The victim stated he called the supposed buyer while he was driving to ask him for an explanation, to which the buyer replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the other vehicle continued driving south on I-94.
Milwaukee police stated there was a similar robbery earlier that day in District 5, where the same group of men, using the same vehicle, robbed another victim of his iPhones.
The suspect is described as a five-foot, 10-inch tall black male in his 20s weighing between 150 and 220 pounds. He was wearing a brown, sparkling coat that had been stolen during the first robbery, and drove a purple, foreign-made SUV.
Officers are following up with the Milwaukee Police Department to obtain more information about the other men.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek answers questions about the schools question
- Harvest of Arts and Crafts starts this weekend
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say
- Greendale School District to "get on a different trajectory" for polling place issue