A 24-year-old Milwaukee man said he was robbed while attempting to sell two iPhones to a potential buyer he met on Craigslist.com.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
About 8:45 p.m. Oct. 26, the man went to an unlit entrance at Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2137 W. College Ave., to meet a man who wanted to buy two iPhones the victim had advertised for sale on Craigslist.com.
While the victim was talking to the potential buyer, he saw three men walk toward him. One of the men was holding a club. When one of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you mother (expletive)," the Milwaukee man fled in his vehicle.
He drove south on Interstate 94, and the other men followed him. The victim stated he called the supposed buyer while he was driving to ask him for an explanation, to which the buyer replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the other vehicle continued driving south on I-94.
Milwaukee police stated there was a similar robbery earlier that day in District 5, where the same group of men, using the same vehicle, robbed another victim of his iPhones.
The suspect is described as a five-foot, 10-inch tall black male in his 20s weighing between 150 and 220 pounds. He was wearing a brown, sparkling coat that had been stolen during the first robbery, and drove a purple, foreign-made SUV.
Officers are following up with the Milwaukee Police Department to obtain more information about the other men.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square