A man was arrested for his fourth drunken driving offense within a five-year period after he was found passed out in his vehicle on Howell Avenue during the early morning hours of Oct. 13.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police were alerted to the intoxicated driver after a 911 caller reported the driver of a Jeep appeared to be passed out or sleeping in the left-turn lane on Howell Avenue at Rawson Avenue about 4:45 a.m. Oct. 13.
An officer found the vehicle just past the left-turn lane with its brake lights on. The officer waited through one cycle of lights but the vehicle didn't move, and the officer's first attempts to wake the driver were unsuccessful.
The driver finally woke up after the officer shook his vehicle. The driver was arrested for drunken driving after he registered a 0.22 on breath test. He was taken to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for a blood draw.
Due to recent changes in state law, a fourth drunken driving conviction within a five-year period is a Class H felony. If convicted, the man is facing a three-year prison sentence, up to three years of extended supervision and up to $10,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring