Oak Creek - A 24-year-old Franklin man was arrested for drunken driving after he fled from officers who tried to talk to him while he was waiting for his food in the drive-thru lane at McDonald's on March 2.
According to the police report:
At 2:48 a.m., an employee at McDonald's, 9471 S. 13th St., reported a drunken driver in the drive-thru lane. The employee told police the man appeared highly intoxicated, was slurring his words and had forgotten what he ordered.
When an officer approached the man's vehicle, he sped from the parking lot, traveling west on Ryan Road from 13th Street. Officers pursued the vehicle a short distance, then called off the pursuit at 2:52 a.m. The driver continued west on Ryan Road to 33rd Street, where he got out of his car and attempted to run off.
The man was taken into custody by Franklin police at 2:53 a.m. and was arrested for second-offense drunken driving and eluding police. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek and Franklin primary: What's on the ballot
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A announces March grand opening, 'First 100' promotion
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy (1)
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek denies police chief's request for 7.5 % raise
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study