Oak Creek - A 24-year-old Franklin man was arrested for drunken driving after he fled from officers who tried to talk to him while he was waiting for his food in the drive-thru lane at McDonald's on March 2.
According to the police report:
At 2:48 a.m., an employee at McDonald's, 9471 S. 13th St., reported a drunken driver in the drive-thru lane. The employee told police the man appeared highly intoxicated, was slurring his words and had forgotten what he ordered.
When an officer approached the man's vehicle, he sped from the parking lot, traveling west on Ryan Road from 13th Street. Officers pursued the vehicle a short distance, then called off the pursuit at 2:52 a.m. The driver continued west on Ryan Road to 33rd Street, where he got out of his car and attempted to run off.
The man was taken into custody by Franklin police at 2:53 a.m. and was arrested for second-offense drunken driving and eluding police. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Twitter recap: 50 Cent at Woodman's in Oak Creek
- Now reporter to live tweet 50 Cent appearance in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek-Franklin petition for larger school board verified for public vote
- Oak Creek police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek food distributor faces $85K in fines after employee injury
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of 2012 shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)