Oak Creek - A man is who facing his third drunken driving arrest was captured by police after he attempted to flee during a traffic stop Jan. 12.
According to Oak Creek police reports:
The driver, a 30-year-old Oak Creek man, and his passenger both ran off after police pulled their car over in the 4100 block of East Studio Lane about 2:40 a.m. Jan 12. A foot chase ensued and police took both the driver and the passenger, a 37-year-old Oak Creek man, into custody a short time later.
The driver was arrested for third-offense drunken driving and third-offense driving with a revoked license. He also was cited for possession of marijuana after police found an orange pill bottle containing THC in the center console of his car during the arrest search. The passenger was arrested for resisting/obstructing an officer.
The driver was scheduled to appear in the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist
- Oak Creek police: Part of man's ear bitten off during fight at bar