Oak Creek - A man is who facing his third drunken driving arrest was captured by police after he attempted to flee during a traffic stop Jan. 12.
According to Oak Creek police reports:
The driver, a 30-year-old Oak Creek man, and his passenger both ran off after police pulled their car over in the 4100 block of East Studio Lane about 2:40 a.m. Jan 12. A foot chase ensued and police took both the driver and the passenger, a 37-year-old Oak Creek man, into custody a short time later.
The driver was arrested for third-offense drunken driving and third-offense driving with a revoked license. He also was cited for possession of marijuana after police found an orange pill bottle containing THC in the center console of his car during the arrest search. The passenger was arrested for resisting/obstructing an officer.
The driver was scheduled to appear in the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Charcoal Grill restaurant approved for old bank location in Oak Creek (3)
- Friends and fiance embrace Oak Creek woman, a recent double leg amputee (2)