A 32-year-old Racine man was arrested Dec. 5 after he attempted to blackmail an Oak Creek woman with nude photos he received from her through a "personals" website.
According to the Oak Creek police:
At 6:40 p.m. Dec. 5, a 29-year-old Oak Creek woman called police to report a man she met on Craigslist personals was threatening to post nude photos of her online and share them with her family and co-workers unless she paid him money.
The woman admitted exchanging hundreds of emails with the suspect, and least one nude photo of her breasts and several other photos including pictures of her face, between Nov. 29 and Dec. 5. The victim told police the suspect began sending her numerous emails on the morning of Dec. 5 demanding she give him $2,000 in cash or he would tell her husband, post the photos online, place photos on her co-workers' cars and various other threats.
To catch the suspect, Oak Creek police placed a bait envelope at a predesignated location. A white Buick was later stopped in the parking lot at Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., with the bait envelope inside.
The suspect, a 32-year-old Racine man, admitted sending the threats and stated he picked up the envelope to "teach the victim a lesson." He was arrested on a state charge of threats to communicate derogatory information, which is a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Azura Memory Care wants to open its 13th Wisconsin facility in Oak Creek
- Knight Construction will give high school students a home-building experience
- OCFSD school board member resigns
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue