A 32-year-old Racine man was arrested Dec. 5 after he attempted to blackmail an Oak Creek woman with nude photos he received from her through a "personals" website.
According to the Oak Creek police:
At 6:40 p.m. Dec. 5, a 29-year-old Oak Creek woman called police to report a man she met on Craigslist personals was threatening to post nude photos of her online and share them with her family and co-workers unless she paid him money.
The woman admitted exchanging hundreds of emails with the suspect, and least one nude photo of her breasts and several other photos including pictures of her face, between Nov. 29 and Dec. 5. The victim told police the suspect began sending her numerous emails on the morning of Dec. 5 demanding she give him $2,000 in cash or he would tell her husband, post the photos online, place photos on her co-workers' cars and various other threats.
To catch the suspect, Oak Creek police placed a bait envelope at a predesignated location. A white Buick was later stopped in the parking lot at Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., with the bait envelope inside.
The suspect, a 32-year-old Racine man, admitted sending the threats and stated he picked up the envelope to "teach the victim a lesson." He was arrested on a state charge of threats to communicate derogatory information, which is a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 4
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (2)
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate