A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue