A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate
- Proposed changes to Oak Creek Water and Sewer Utility Commission rejected (1)