Oak Creek - A 24-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for a weapons violation after he accidentally shot his girlfriend in the buttocks on Valentine’s Day.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The man called police about 5:45 p.m. to report he had accidentally shot his 21-year-old girlfriend in the buttocks with a 9-millimeter handgun. Dispatchers helped the man tend his girlfriend's wounds until police and paramedics arrived.
The woman was taken to the hospital. The report did not state the severity of her injuries but police confirmed they were not life-threatening.
After the man was questioned at the police station he was arrested on a state charge of endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon.
He has not yet been charged.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Hot Hula 'try-it' class offered March 17
- Oak Creek city hall, fire station and library opening dates announced
- Oak Creek police report: March 5, 2015
- Family Life Center and other Oak Creek resources unite against poverty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 5
- Interactive: Fewer students in Oak Creek are taking free or reduced-price lunches
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek