Hales Corners — Kurtz Road will be closed to through-traffic at a point just north of Janesville Road through Saturday.
Crews are installing a culvert under the road as part of the Kurtz Road Reconstruction project that began July 25 and is slated to end Oct. 15. The project will cost $800,000.
Sunnyslope Road in New Berlin and 116th Street in Hales Corners are being suggested as alternative routes.
Kurtz Road will be reconstructed from Grange Avenue to Janesville Road, and the sewer system updated
Michael Martin, Director of Public Works for Hales Corners said, "We're very thankful to the residents that are affected by this. No road construction is neat and tidy. They're noisy, they're dusty and they're messy, but come October, we'll have a beautiful, completed road."
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program