Hales Corners — Kurtz Road will be closed to through-traffic at a point just north of Janesville Road through Saturday.
Crews are installing a culvert under the road as part of the Kurtz Road Reconstruction project that began July 25 and is slated to end Oct. 15. The project will cost $800,000.
Sunnyslope Road in New Berlin and 116th Street in Hales Corners are being suggested as alternative routes.
Kurtz Road will be reconstructed from Grange Avenue to Janesville Road, and the sewer system updated
Michael Martin, Director of Public Works for Hales Corners said, "We're very thankful to the residents that are affected by this. No road construction is neat and tidy. They're noisy, they're dusty and they're messy, but come October, we'll have a beautiful, completed road."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (1)
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate
- Proposed changes to Oak Creek Water and Sewer Utility Commission rejected (1)