Hales Corners — Kurtz Road will be closed to through-traffic at a point just north of Janesville Road through Saturday.
Crews are installing a culvert under the road as part of the Kurtz Road Reconstruction project that began July 25 and is slated to end Oct. 15. The project will cost $800,000.
Sunnyslope Road in New Berlin and 116th Street in Hales Corners are being suggested as alternative routes.
Kurtz Road will be reconstructed from Grange Avenue to Janesville Road, and the sewer system updated
Michael Martin, Director of Public Works for Hales Corners said, "We're very thankful to the residents that are affected by this. No road construction is neat and tidy. They're noisy, they're dusty and they're messy, but come October, we'll have a beautiful, completed road."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public workshop welcomes input for Lake Vista redevelopment
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Residents can provide input for updated Oak Creek comprehensive plan
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Santa is ready to come to Oak Creek with a holiday workshop, bake contest and games
- Drugs, and concern about them, are on the rise in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek, Franklin residents vote "yes" to only one OCFSD referendum question