Hales Corners — Kurtz Road will be closed to through-traffic at a point just north of Janesville Road through Saturday.
Crews are installing a culvert under the road as part of the Kurtz Road Reconstruction project that began July 25 and is slated to end Oct. 15. The project will cost $800,000.
Sunnyslope Road in New Berlin and 116th Street in Hales Corners are being suggested as alternative routes.
Kurtz Road will be reconstructed from Grange Avenue to Janesville Road, and the sewer system updated
Michael Martin, Director of Public Works for Hales Corners said, "We're very thankful to the residents that are affected by this. No road construction is neat and tidy. They're noisy, they're dusty and they're messy, but come October, we'll have a beautiful, completed road."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- Oak Creek police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (16)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District reschedules enrollment boundary meeting (1)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look
- Oak Creek police report: April 16, 2015 issue (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District discusses new enrollment boundaries
- Salvation Army in Oak Creek to host human trafficking awareness event