A 911 caller reported a kitten was run over and killed by a vehicle after people in another vehicle threw it out the window while driving.
According to the Oak Creek police report, which was released this week:
A 911 caller at 7:55 a.m. Aug. 2 called and reported someone tossed a black kitten out of a vehicle that was driving northbound on Howell Avenue and Oak Leaf Drive. The caller said the kitten was run over and killed by another vehicle.
The caller said the suspect vehicle, a mid-90s white GMC with tinted windows, tossed the kitten out of the rear passenger side window and he swerved and missed it, but the vehicle behind him drove over it. The caller told police he didn't know how many people were inside the car due to the tinted windows and was unable to get the license plate number.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek announces open house for new Civic Center
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek