A 911 caller reported a kitten was run over and killed by a vehicle after people in another vehicle threw it out the window while driving.
According to the Oak Creek police report, which was released this week:
A 911 caller at 7:55 a.m. Aug. 2 called and reported someone tossed a black kitten out of a vehicle that was driving northbound on Howell Avenue and Oak Leaf Drive. The caller said the kitten was run over and killed by another vehicle.
The caller said the suspect vehicle, a mid-90s white GMC with tinted windows, tossed the kitten out of the rear passenger side window and he swerved and missed it, but the vehicle behind him drove over it. The caller told police he didn't know how many people were inside the car due to the tinted windows and was unable to get the license plate number.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community center screens documentary about Sikh temple shooting
- Multiple injured or sick coyote sightings reported in Oak Creek
- School district expects building recommendation by July
- Oak Creek OKs borrowing $20.5 million for City Hall/Library
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Man arrested for pulling man from car, punching him
- Date steals woman's belongings, strands her at gas station
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record