A 911 caller reported a kitten was run over and killed by a vehicle after people in another vehicle threw it out the window while driving.
According to the Oak Creek police report, which was released this week:
A 911 caller at 7:55 a.m. Aug. 2 called and reported someone tossed a black kitten out of a vehicle that was driving northbound on Howell Avenue and Oak Leaf Drive. The caller said the kitten was run over and killed by another vehicle.
The caller said the suspect vehicle, a mid-90s white GMC with tinted windows, tossed the kitten out of the rear passenger side window and he swerved and missed it, but the vehicle behind him drove over it. The caller told police he didn't know how many people were inside the car due to the tinted windows and was unable to get the license plate number.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek and Franklin primary: What's on the ballot
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A announces March grand opening, 'First 100' promotion
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy (1)
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek denies police chief's request for 7.5 % raise
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study