Jack Lang, 76, faces life in prison for allegedly killing his wife for 'giving him hell'
Oak Creek — An Oak Creek man could face possible life in prison if convicted for allegedly shooting and killing his wife Wednesday, April 16.
Jack Lang, 76, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of his wife, June Lang.
According to a criminal complaint, the couple had been arguing on the way home from lunch with friends at Fire Pit Sports Bar and Grill at Potawatomi Bingo Casino. Lang said he did not feel well and wanted to leave. On the way home, June began "giving him hell" for having to leave the restaurant and called him names like "a baby," the complaint said.
Lang said June had been nagging him for about three weeks and "he had just had enough." She had also kept saying Lang was a "jerk off" because he couldn't give her a good time anymore and criticized the fact that Lang is not able to do work around the house.
Lang asked June to be quiet when they got home but she just kept nagging him, the complaint said. Lang said in the complaint that he loved his wife but that "he could not take it any more." The two have been married for 56 years, the complaint said.
Lang then got a .22 caliber revolver from his bedroom and loaded it with bullets. He said he asked his wife again to "shut up" but that she kept yelling at him from the other bedroom. He then went into the bedroom and told his wife that he had a gun. June, who is legally blind, said she did not believe him and called him a baby.
Lang then allegedly held the gun 3 inches from her face and shot her one time. He then shot himself three times in an apparent suicide attempt but only grazed himself once. Police arrived at their residence in the 1100 block of Wayland Drive at approximately 1:49 p.m.
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square