Oak Creek - Any fundraisers on city-owned parks will have to be approved by the Park and Recreation Department.
The Park and Recreation Commission decision came March 14, after a boy's baseball group asked to rent the disc golf course. They ran up against a policy that stated that any type of fundraiser or tournament that uses city property has to benefit a community charity.
The motion made it so that any fundraisers would be approved by the department on a case-by-case basis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist
- Oak Creek police: Part of man's ear bitten off during fight at bar