Oak Creek — A man was banned from a grocery store after he got angry and punched a self-checkout machine during the early morning hours of Jan. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police responded to Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., after an employee reported that an older man with a beard who was wearing a star-spangled headband and a flannel shirt was yelling at employees and had punched a machine about 2:45 a.m. Jan. 14.
Officers spoke to the employee, who said the man was attempting to check out his groceries at a self-checkout machine when he got upset because the machine wouldn't accept his cash.
He then proceeded to yell at the machine and the manager, and ended up punching the screen on the self-checkout station, causing it to shatter.
The man admitted to police that he punched the machine out of frustration, and he was cited for criminal damage to property.
Although he escaped being cited for disorderly conduct, the man was given a no trespassing order and told he could not buy groceries at Woodman's again.
- Oak Creek police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek K-9 cops, active and retired, share the same partner
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue