Oak Creek — A man was banned from a grocery store after he got angry and punched a self-checkout machine during the early morning hours of Jan. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police responded to Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., after an employee reported that an older man with a beard who was wearing a star-spangled headband and a flannel shirt was yelling at employees and had punched a machine about 2:45 a.m. Jan. 14.
Officers spoke to the employee, who said the man was attempting to check out his groceries at a self-checkout machine when he got upset because the machine wouldn't accept his cash.
He then proceeded to yell at the machine and the manager, and ended up punching the screen on the self-checkout station, causing it to shatter.
The man admitted to police that he punched the machine out of frustration, and he was cited for criminal damage to property.
Although he escaped being cited for disorderly conduct, the man was given a no trespassing order and told he could not buy groceries at Woodman's again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek answers questions about the schools question
- Harvest of Arts and Crafts starts this weekend
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say