Oak Creek — A man was banned from a grocery store after he got angry and punched a self-checkout machine during the early morning hours of Jan. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police responded to Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., after an employee reported that an older man with a beard who was wearing a star-spangled headband and a flannel shirt was yelling at employees and had punched a machine about 2:45 a.m. Jan. 14.
Officers spoke to the employee, who said the man was attempting to check out his groceries at a self-checkout machine when he got upset because the machine wouldn't accept his cash.
He then proceeded to yell at the machine and the manager, and ended up punching the screen on the self-checkout station, causing it to shatter.
The man admitted to police that he punched the machine out of frustration, and he was cited for criminal damage to property.
Although he escaped being cited for disorderly conduct, the man was given a no trespassing order and told he could not buy groceries at Woodman's again.
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Charcoal Grill and Rotisserie lights its grill in Oak Creek July 18
- Oak Creek offering free trial of activities in July
- Oak Creek Police offer tips when to say no to Pokemon Go
- Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards taking job at Froedert in Menomonee Falls
- Oak Creek police report: July 14, 2016 issue