Franklin woman charged with heroin, cocaine possession after leaving child at preschool
Franklin - Helen Balke, 31, of Franklin was charged with heroin and cocaine possession in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 13.
Franklin police say she overdosed on heroin and failed to pick up her 3-year-old child from preschool April 9.
According to the Franklin police report:
A co-worker learned Balke, who hadn't been at work that day, had failed to pick up her child from preschool. She went to Balke's home in the 2700 block of West Elm Road, about 3:45 p.m. April 9 and found her unconscious. She called paramedics.
When emergency workers and police arrived they found crack cocaine, a used syringe with heroin residue and other drug paraphernalia in the home.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment and released the next day. She was arrested on April 10.
She also was arrested for second-degree recklessly endangering safety for leaving drugs and paraphernalia within easy access of a child, but that potential charge is pending review by the district attorney's office.
Balke is scheduled to appear in court April 22 for a preliminary hearing on the drug charges.
- Oak Creek police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek K-9 cops, active and retired, share the same partner
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue