Franklin woman charged with heroin, cocaine possession after leaving child at preschool
Franklin - Helen Balke, 31, of Franklin was charged with heroin and cocaine possession in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 13.
Franklin police say she overdosed on heroin and failed to pick up her 3-year-old child from preschool April 9.
According to the Franklin police report:
A co-worker learned Balke, who hadn't been at work that day, had failed to pick up her child from preschool. She went to Balke's home in the 2700 block of West Elm Road, about 3:45 p.m. April 9 and found her unconscious. She called paramedics.
When emergency workers and police arrived they found crack cocaine, a used syringe with heroin residue and other drug paraphernalia in the home.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment and released the next day. She was arrested on April 10.
She also was arrested for second-degree recklessly endangering safety for leaving drugs and paraphernalia within easy access of a child, but that potential charge is pending review by the district attorney's office.
Balke is scheduled to appear in court April 22 for a preliminary hearing on the drug charges.
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- 'Vampire Academy' author to attend book signing at Oak Creek Public Library
- Cellphone tower stands in way of Oak Creek-Franklin school auditorium (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board gets three new faces