Franklin woman charged with heroin, cocaine possession after leaving child at preschool
Franklin - Helen Balke, 31, of Franklin was charged with heroin and cocaine possession in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 13.
Franklin police say she overdosed on heroin and failed to pick up her 3-year-old child from preschool April 9.
According to the Franklin police report:
A co-worker learned Balke, who hadn't been at work that day, had failed to pick up her child from preschool. She went to Balke's home in the 2700 block of West Elm Road, about 3:45 p.m. April 9 and found her unconscious. She called paramedics.
When emergency workers and police arrived they found crack cocaine, a used syringe with heroin residue and other drug paraphernalia in the home.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment and released the next day. She was arrested on April 10.
She also was arrested for second-degree recklessly endangering safety for leaving drugs and paraphernalia within easy access of a child, but that potential charge is pending review by the district attorney's office.
Balke is scheduled to appear in court April 22 for a preliminary hearing on the drug charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek food distributor faces $85K in fines after employee injury
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)
- New Oak Creek Fire Station No. 1 to host open house
- Water Street Brewery opens Oak Creek location
- Oak Creek High announces student registration schedule
- Oak Creek Library to use Meijer donation for teen Internet cafe