The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a 911 caller who reported smoke was pouring out of a mobile home to find a smoke machine on.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Firefighters and police responded to the call about a mobile home at Sunrise Shores, 8481 S. 5th Ave., about 7 p.m. April 19. When emergency workers arrived they saw smoke coming out of the windows of the trailer.
Officials determined the smoke was coming from a DJ's smoke machine that was left on inside the residence.
An officer spoke with the resident, who stated that he and four other people were at the trailer and left about 6:45 p.m., and that someone must have left the smoke machine on prior to their departure.
There was no damage to the trailer and the site was cleared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue