St. Alphonsus School students will return to classes on Monday, instead of today as anticipated.
The Rev. Alan Jurkus said the principal decided to delay opening the school until Monday after viewing the extent of the work involved in getting 17 classes ready for students following the Christmas morning fire at the Greendale parish.
The classrooms, about two-thirds of the school, received extensive smoke damage from the fire that caused more than $200,000 in damage to the parish, and its cause is undetermined.
No one was in the church, where the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Local schools are bursting at the seams
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek