St. Alphonsus School students will return to classes on Monday, instead of today as anticipated.
The Rev. Alan Jurkus said the principal decided to delay opening the school until Monday after viewing the extent of the work involved in getting 17 classes ready for students following the Christmas morning fire at the Greendale parish.
The classrooms, about two-thirds of the school, received extensive smoke damage from the fire that caused more than $200,000 in damage to the parish, and its cause is undetermined.
No one was in the church, where the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program
- Video: 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety