St. Alphonsus School students will return to classes on Monday, instead of today as anticipated.
The Rev. Alan Jurkus said the principal decided to delay opening the school until Monday after viewing the extent of the work involved in getting 17 classes ready for students following the Christmas morning fire at the Greendale parish.
The classrooms, about two-thirds of the school, received extensive smoke damage from the fire that caused more than $200,000 in damage to the parish, and its cause is undetermined.
No one was in the church, where the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
- Oak Creek police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek strategizes for an updated plan
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue