Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Local schools are bursting at the seams
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek