Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17
- Corrections: April 17
- Police Report: April 15
- 'Treat and Go' trauma kits will fill Oak Creek classrooms
- Club 2:35 inspires creativity outside of the classroom
- Man calls police, is arrested after punching officer in head
- Sikhs in Washington honor Officer Brian Murphy
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay
- Cash donations for funeral taken from Oak Creek home