A 33-year-old Caledonia woman was arrested for drunken driving the evening of Oct. 20 after two people who saw her sleeping in her car on Howell Avenue used their cars to box her in.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A driver called police to report a possible intoxicated driver after she saw a woman sleeping in her car, which was running, near 27th Street and College Avenue about 11:50 p.m. Oct. 20. While the caller was talking to the dispatcher, the intoxicated driver woke up and started driving.
The caller followed her to a traffic light in the 6200 block of South Howell Avenue, where the woman fell asleep again while waiting for a red light. She woke up before officers arrived and continued driving.
A second driver, who apparently saw what was happening, pulled in front of the intoxicated driver in the 6400 block of South Howell Avenue. The caller then pulled up behind her car, boxing her in so she could no longer drive.
When police arrived on the scene, the Caledonia woman admitted she had been drinking but refused sobriety testing. She also refused to give police the name of a responsible contact person to pick her up.
She was arrested for drunken driving and taken to the Milwaukee County Jail.
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Charcoal Grill and Rotisserie lights its grill in Oak Creek July 18
- Oak Creek offering free trial of activities in July
- Oak Creek Police offer tips when to say no to Pokemon Go
- Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards taking job at Froedert in Menomonee Falls
- Oak Creek police report: July 14, 2016 issue
- Aldi looking to test a full bakery at its Oak Creek store