Oak Creek police warned a driver for tailgating after he said he was hurrying to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold.
According to the police report, which was released this week:
A motorist called police to report the driver of a Gold Windstar was tailgating her, passed her on 13th Street at Willow Drive, then continued to tailgate other vehicles, causing hazardous driving conditions for other drivers, about 5 p.m. July 26.
Police stopped the driver, who said he was in a hurry to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold, but the driver didn't admit to tailgating.
The officer warned the driver about the complaint and that further complaints would result in citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Exciting' Growing Pains: Southbrook to expand church to accommodate thriving congregation
- Oak Creek police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide
- Oak Creek High School track to be named after Jerry Anstett
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi weighs-in on issues and successes of Oak Creek
- Chick-fil-A approval for Drexel Town Square generates 'buzz' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died (1)
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Incumbent Ruetz faces former alderman Verhalen in Oak Creek's 3rd District