Oak Creek police warned a driver for tailgating after he said he was hurrying to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold.
According to the police report, which was released this week:
A motorist called police to report the driver of a Gold Windstar was tailgating her, passed her on 13th Street at Willow Drive, then continued to tailgate other vehicles, causing hazardous driving conditions for other drivers, about 5 p.m. July 26.
Police stopped the driver, who said he was in a hurry to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold, but the driver didn't admit to tailgating.
The officer warned the driver about the complaint and that further complaints would result in citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say
- Greendale School District to "get on a different trajectory" for polling place issue
- Greendale Schools to re-evaluate polling place requests this Thursday
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue