Oak Creek - A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office squad was struck by a car after the deputy got out to assist a vehicle in a ditch during the early morning hours of Oct. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
Oak Creek police were assisting the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office when a driver exiting the freeway struck an unoccupied sheriff's squad about 12:30 a.m. Oct. 14. The deputy parked his squad to block the southbound Ryan Road off-ramp in order to assist a motorist who had driven his car into a ditch on the west side of the ramp.
The driver of the striking vehicle, an 18-year-old Racine woman, stated she was traveling about 65 mph onto the off-ramp during wet conditions and did not see that the ramp was closed. When she noticed the ramp was blocked she could not stop in time and struck the rear of the squad. The squad had its emergency lights on.
No injuries were reported. The woman was cited for driving too fast for conditions.
- 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open large furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development