Oak Creek - A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office squad was struck by a car after the deputy got out to assist a vehicle in a ditch during the early morning hours of Oct. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
Oak Creek police were assisting the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office when a driver exiting the freeway struck an unoccupied sheriff's squad about 12:30 a.m. Oct. 14. The deputy parked his squad to block the southbound Ryan Road off-ramp in order to assist a motorist who had driven his car into a ditch on the west side of the ramp.
The driver of the striking vehicle, an 18-year-old Racine woman, stated she was traveling about 65 mph onto the off-ramp during wet conditions and did not see that the ramp was closed. When she noticed the ramp was blocked she could not stop in time and struck the rear of the squad. The squad had its emergency lights on.
No injuries were reported. The woman was cited for driving too fast for conditions.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square