Oak Creek — Officers responding to a report of a "hysterical" female inside a gas station Feb. 22 discovered a first date gone terribly wrong. The woman told police her date ditched her and took off with all her belongings.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An employee called police to report a woman was hysterical and crying inside Kwik Trip, 9535 S. 13th St., about 8:55 p.m. Feb. 22.
Police spoke to the woman, who stated she was on a first date with a man — whose name she did not know — and they had gone out for some drinks and a movie earlier that evening.
The man then drove to Kwik Trip and told her to run inside and buy him some 5-Hour Energy drinks. While the woman was inside the business the man drove off, with her purse and overnight bag still inside his vehicle.
The woman told police the man was talking about going bowling later that evening, and police found the man at Classic Lanes, 7501 S. Howell Ave., and spoke with him.
The man told police he left the woman at the gas station because she told him that she wanted to spend the weekend with him and be "together" on their first date. He stated he obviously got scared about that and left her at Kwik Trip.
The man told police he no longer had the woman's purse. He stated he dropped it off at Walgreens because he "didn't know where to take it." The police report did not state where the Walgreens was located.
Police recovered all of the woman's property from the man's vehicle and Walgreens and returned it to her.
Both the man and the woman stated they were satisfied with the items being returned, and agreed never to date each other again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's Shred Day returns Sept. 26
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Pineapple Café begins to bear fruit with mixed cuisine in Oak Creek
- Milwaukee County Parks extends Oak Leaf Trail to OakView Business Park
- The Academy of Performing Arts to host 2nd annual 'Trunk or Treat' event
- Man robbed in his own backyard in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek man killed in Sauk County traffic accident
- Oak Creek community buries time capsule at future city hall
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board receives voter approval to add two more seats