Oak Creek — Officers responding to a report of a "hysterical" female inside a gas station Feb. 22 discovered a first date gone terribly wrong. The woman told police her date ditched her and took off with all her belongings.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An employee called police to report a woman was hysterical and crying inside Kwik Trip, 9535 S. 13th St., about 8:55 p.m. Feb. 22.
Police spoke to the woman, who stated she was on a first date with a man — whose name she did not know — and they had gone out for some drinks and a movie earlier that evening.
The man then drove to Kwik Trip and told her to run inside and buy him some 5-Hour Energy drinks. While the woman was inside the business the man drove off, with her purse and overnight bag still inside his vehicle.
The woman told police the man was talking about going bowling later that evening, and police found the man at Classic Lanes, 7501 S. Howell Ave., and spoke with him.
The man told police he left the woman at the gas station because she told him that she wanted to spend the weekend with him and be "together" on their first date. He stated he obviously got scared about that and left her at Kwik Trip.
The man told police he no longer had the woman's purse. He stated he dropped it off at Walgreens because he "didn't know where to take it." The police report did not state where the Walgreens was located.
Police recovered all of the woman's property from the man's vehicle and Walgreens and returned it to her.
Both the man and the woman stated they were satisfied with the items being returned, and agreed never to date each other again.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly (1)
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre