Oak Creek — Traffic and Safety Commission member Christopher Guzikowski has notified the city of his intent to run for the District 6 aldermanic post now held by Thomas Michalski.
Guzikowski ran against and lost a bid against Michalski in 2012, when Michalski garnered 372 votes and Guzikowski 353.
Candidates can start circulating nomination papers Dec. 1, and incumbents not seeking re-election must file for non-candidacy by Dec. 27.
Michalski told NOW that he does plan to seek re-election.
If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 18. The general election is April 1. Districts two, four and six are up for election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election