Oak Creek — Traffic and Safety Commission member Christopher Guzikowski has notified the city of his intent to run for the District 6 aldermanic post now held by Thomas Michalski.
Guzikowski ran against and lost a bid against Michalski in 2012, when Michalski garnered 372 votes and Guzikowski 353.
Candidates can start circulating nomination papers Dec. 1, and incumbents not seeking re-election must file for non-candidacy by Dec. 27.
Michalski told NOW that he does plan to seek re-election.
If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 18. The general election is April 1. Districts two, four and six are up for election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man robbed in his own backyard in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek man killed in Sauk County traffic accident
- Oak Creek community buries time capsule at future city hall
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board receives voter approval to add two more seats
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District approves preliminary budget, calls for tax rate increase
- Tickets now available for Oak Creek's Pig and Chicken Roast
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Parents invited to attend Oak Creek High School's open house
- Photo service Pixologie joins Charles Allis Art Museum to create historical archive