Oak Creek — Traffic and Safety Commission member Christopher Guzikowski has notified the city of his intent to run for the District 6 aldermanic post now held by Thomas Michalski.
Guzikowski ran against and lost a bid against Michalski in 2012, when Michalski garnered 372 votes and Guzikowski 353.
Candidates can start circulating nomination papers Dec. 1, and incumbents not seeking re-election must file for non-candidacy by Dec. 27.
Michalski told NOW that he does plan to seek re-election.
If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 18. The general election is April 1. Districts two, four and six are up for election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day
- Oak Creek High School track now open to public Saturday mornings
- Heart the City 5K/10K to raise awareness for area homeless
- 'Maus,' a graphic novel about the Holocaust, may be added to Oak Creek High School English class
- Oak Creek police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek native directs 'android' ad for filmmaker David Lynch's signature coffee