Oak Creek — Traffic and Safety Commission member Christopher Guzikowski has notified the city of his intent to run for the District 6 aldermanic post now held by Thomas Michalski.
Guzikowski ran against and lost a bid against Michalski in 2012, when Michalski garnered 372 votes and Guzikowski 353.
Candidates can start circulating nomination papers Dec. 1, and incumbents not seeking re-election must file for non-candidacy by Dec. 27.
Michalski told NOW that he does plan to seek re-election.
If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 18. The general election is April 1. Districts two, four and six are up for election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District agrees to 'start fresh' with teachers union
- Oak Creek mayor: Market won't crawl past Caterpillar's vacated space
- 'Evening of Blessings' provides the less fortunate with Thanksgiving dinner
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories