Goldie Irma Lucretia Beres (nee Leranth) of Oak Creek died Oct. 20, 2008, at age 95.
She was born in South Milwaukee on June 20, 1913, to Charles and Barbara (nee Gregus) Leranth. She was united in marriage to Bernard Beres; he preceded her in death in 1978.
She was a highly conscientious employee for 26 years at the South Milwaukee Bucyrus Erie plant. She touched many lives and hearts during her 51 years as a gifted, exuberant Sunday school teacher at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Above all, she was a devoted wife and mother.
She is survived by her daughters, Barbara (Gene) Schuster, Betty (Jon) Gueller and Beverly (Pat) Haley; grandchildren, Randy (Lisa) Burk, Beth (Tim) Maxwell, Jill (Todd) Haley-Rose and Sean Haley; great-grandchildren, Jason Burk, Jimmy Maxwell, Keeghan Burk, Joshua Burk, Dylan Maxwell and Summer Rose; the Richard Leranth family; neighbors, Tom and Kathy Ashbaugh; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bernard Beres; son, Bernard Edward; son-in-law, George Burk; granddaughter-in-law, Tammy Burk; parents; brothers and other relatives.
Private funeral services were at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Interment was at Forest Hill Memorial Park.
Memorials are suggested to the Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee or the Oak Creek Assembly of God Church.
The family thanks the staff at Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee.
Purath-Strand Funeral Home & Crematory handled the arrangements.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- Video: Sex trafficking is indeed a problem in suburbia, including Oak Creek (1)
- Oak Creek's Murphy and Lenda receive Medal of Valor for Sikh Temple shooting response
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- All ages, gender and weight classes get a lift from Oak Creek High School powerlifting club
- Primary elections in Greendale and Oak Creek set for Feb. 17
- Election Forum: Oak Creek School Board primary, seven candidates (four will advance)
- Oak Creek water treatment expansion could benefit Waukesha
- No water main breaks recorded yet this winter in Oak Creek
- Knight Construction will give high school students a home-building experience