Goldie Irma Lucretia Beres (nee Leranth) of Oak Creek died Oct. 20, 2008, at age 95.
She was born in South Milwaukee on June 20, 1913, to Charles and Barbara (nee Gregus) Leranth. She was united in marriage to Bernard Beres; he preceded her in death in 1978.
She was a highly conscientious employee for 26 years at the South Milwaukee Bucyrus Erie plant. She touched many lives and hearts during her 51 years as a gifted, exuberant Sunday school teacher at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Above all, she was a devoted wife and mother.
She is survived by her daughters, Barbara (Gene) Schuster, Betty (Jon) Gueller and Beverly (Pat) Haley; grandchildren, Randy (Lisa) Burk, Beth (Tim) Maxwell, Jill (Todd) Haley-Rose and Sean Haley; great-grandchildren, Jason Burk, Jimmy Maxwell, Keeghan Burk, Joshua Burk, Dylan Maxwell and Summer Rose; the Richard Leranth family; neighbors, Tom and Kathy Ashbaugh; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bernard Beres; son, Bernard Edward; son-in-law, George Burk; granddaughter-in-law, Tammy Burk; parents; brothers and other relatives.
Private funeral services were at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Interment was at Forest Hill Memorial Park.
Memorials are suggested to the Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee or the Oak Creek Assembly of God Church.
The family thanks the staff at Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee.
Purath-Strand Funeral Home & Crematory handled the arrangements.
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Five places to go to let your dog off the leash this summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee