Goldie Irma Lucretia Beres (nee Leranth) of Oak Creek died Oct. 20, 2008, at age 95.
She was born in South Milwaukee on June 20, 1913, to Charles and Barbara (nee Gregus) Leranth. She was united in marriage to Bernard Beres; he preceded her in death in 1978.
She was a highly conscientious employee for 26 years at the South Milwaukee Bucyrus Erie plant. She touched many lives and hearts during her 51 years as a gifted, exuberant Sunday school teacher at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Above all, she was a devoted wife and mother.
She is survived by her daughters, Barbara (Gene) Schuster, Betty (Jon) Gueller and Beverly (Pat) Haley; grandchildren, Randy (Lisa) Burk, Beth (Tim) Maxwell, Jill (Todd) Haley-Rose and Sean Haley; great-grandchildren, Jason Burk, Jimmy Maxwell, Keeghan Burk, Joshua Burk, Dylan Maxwell and Summer Rose; the Richard Leranth family; neighbors, Tom and Kathy Ashbaugh; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bernard Beres; son, Bernard Edward; son-in-law, George Burk; granddaughter-in-law, Tammy Burk; parents; brothers and other relatives.
Private funeral services were at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Interment was at Forest Hill Memorial Park.
Memorials are suggested to the Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee or the Oak Creek Assembly of God Church.
The family thanks the staff at Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee.
Purath-Strand Funeral Home & Crematory handled the arrangements.
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek fire up for the Fourth
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Paul Ryan schedules stops in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- News & Notes: June 23, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square