Goldie Irma Lucretia Beres (nee Leranth) of Oak Creek died Oct. 20, 2008, at age 95.
She was born in South Milwaukee on June 20, 1913, to Charles and Barbara (nee Gregus) Leranth. She was united in marriage to Bernard Beres; he preceded her in death in 1978.
She was a highly conscientious employee for 26 years at the South Milwaukee Bucyrus Erie plant. She touched many lives and hearts during her 51 years as a gifted, exuberant Sunday school teacher at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Above all, she was a devoted wife and mother.
She is survived by her daughters, Barbara (Gene) Schuster, Betty (Jon) Gueller and Beverly (Pat) Haley; grandchildren, Randy (Lisa) Burk, Beth (Tim) Maxwell, Jill (Todd) Haley-Rose and Sean Haley; great-grandchildren, Jason Burk, Jimmy Maxwell, Keeghan Burk, Joshua Burk, Dylan Maxwell and Summer Rose; the Richard Leranth family; neighbors, Tom and Kathy Ashbaugh; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bernard Beres; son, Bernard Edward; son-in-law, George Burk; granddaughter-in-law, Tammy Burk; parents; brothers and other relatives.
Private funeral services were at Oak Creek Assembly of God Church. Interment was at Forest Hill Memorial Park.
Memorials are suggested to the Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee or the Oak Creek Assembly of God Church.
The family thanks the staff at Hospice of Aurora VNA of Milwaukee.
Purath-Strand Funeral Home & Crematory handled the arrangements.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kwik Trip may open second gasoline station in Oak Creek in 2015
- Oak Creek accepts ownership of former EPEC, Du Pont lakefront land
- Lack of space limits additional open enrollment, Chapter 220 seats
- Man robbed outside Oak Creek motel at gunpoint
- Residents fill in design ideas of future Lake Vista in Oak Creek
- Mediterranean restaurant may open in place of former Sadie's Ristorante in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek woman truly runs for her life in her fight against MS
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Residents can provide input for updated Oak Creek comprehensive plan
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase