Mariah Bukiewicz contributed 26 assists, and Veronica Chandre turned in 14 kills and five aces in Oak Creek’s 25-19, 28-25, 22-25, 25-16 victory over Racine Case on Sept. 25.
Courtney Wisniewski made 15 digs as Oak Creek improved to 3-2 in Southeast Conference play.
The Knights had a rough go of it in the Lynn LaPorte Sprawl at West Bend on Sept. 26 and 27, finishing 20th in the 24-school field.
Oak Creek lost to Catholic Memorial, Watertown and Oshkosh West in pool play Sept. 26. The Knights lost to Wisconsin Lutheran and beat Hamilton in power-pool competition an lost to Oshkosh West and Kaukauna in flight two competition Sept. 27.
Victoria Cruz made 71 digs, and Leah Finch added 31 kills and 14 blocks. Bukiewicz turned in 40 assists and four aces.
“Overall, I’m pleased with the defense,” Oak Creek coach Karen Lois said. “We have very few kinks to work out. We are having a difficult time with offense.”
On Sept. 20, Oak Creek placed sixth in the eight-school Watertown Invitational. The Knights beat DeForest and Wisconsin Lutheran, and lost to Menomonee Falls, Watertown and Madison Memorial.
Chandre made 41 assists and Cruz went for 32 digs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Year's Eve party to raise money to curb violence
- Oak Creek freezes employee pay for 2014
- Recycling used electronics for free
- $2.5 million needed to update library
- Oak Creek ups spending to $24.3M in 2014
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election
- Skowronski to face Hermes in District 82 battle
- Oak Creek may share dispatch
- Folk Fair tickets available at US Bank, online
- Police: Evidence found that Oak Creek home was fired at Nov. 1