One person was flown to the hospital with life-threatening injuries and two others were injured after a 16-year-old led Franklin police on a high-speed chase in a stolen car Saturday night, police said.
According to a news release from the Franklin Police Department:
Just before 7:30 p.m., Franklin police discovered a car driving north in the 9600 block of S. 27th St. The car appeared to have been involved in a traffic accident.
The officer tried to pull the car over, but as the car turned east onto W. Puetz Road, the driver accelerated and tried to flee. The vehicle then struck another vehicle in the 1800 block of W. Puetz Road.
The car he struck had three occupants. One had to be taken to the hospital by Flight for Life. The other two suffered only minor injuries.
Police later found out the teen had stolen the car he was driving from a used-car dealership in Franklin.
The 16-year-old Milwaukee driver was arrested, and charges are pending.
The Oak Creek Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted in the investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Oak Creek native directs 'android' ad for filmmaker David Lynch's signature coffee
- 'Maus,' a graphic novel about the Holocaust, may be added to Oak Creek High School English class
- Oak Creek church looks to help Nepal after devastating earthquakes
- Sewing shop owner stitches home and work into one in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board takes more time to consider boundaries tied to new school
- New clock tower could rise to iconic status in Oak Creek (2)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (17)