One person was flown to the hospital with life-threatening injuries and two others were injured after a 16-year-old led Franklin police on a high-speed chase in a stolen car Saturday night, police said.
According to a news release from the Franklin Police Department:
Just before 7:30 p.m., Franklin police discovered a car driving north in the 9600 block of S. 27th St. The car appeared to have been involved in a traffic accident.
The officer tried to pull the car over, but as the car turned east onto W. Puetz Road, the driver accelerated and tried to flee. The vehicle then struck another vehicle in the 1800 block of W. Puetz Road.
The car he struck had three occupants. One had to be taken to the hospital by Flight for Life. The other two suffered only minor injuries.
Police later found out the teen had stolen the car he was driving from a used-car dealership in Franklin.
The 16-year-old Milwaukee driver was arrested, and charges are pending.
The Oak Creek Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted in the investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate
- Oak Creek female graduate fits in just fine in male-dominated auto mechanic field (1)
- South Shore Cinema adds recliners and more to movie experience in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District holds off on setting new attendance area boundaries
- Construction of Lake Vista Drive to pave way for Oak Creek lakefront development
- Wisconsin Pizza Works restaurant comes to Oak Creek (2)