Oak Creek - A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for breaking the mirror on another driver's car during a road rage incident Feb. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A driver called police after she unintentionally cut off a bicyclist while he was riding in the right lane of traffic in the 2000 block of West Ryan Road about 4:15 p.m. Feb. 20. The bicyclist followed the driver into the lot of Shell Gas, 2170 W. Ryan Road, where he confronted the woman about her driving. An argument ensued, and the bicyclist smashed the mirror on her car with his hand.
The bicyclist then attempted to get on a city bus at the Ryan Road Park and Ride. However, the driver and her husband, who was a passenger in the car, asked the bus driver to wait until police arrived.
When police arrived and questioned the bicyclist, he told police he believed he was almost struck by the woman's vehicle when the woman passed him in the right lane so he followed her to the gas station to confront her. When the driver disagreed that she had cut him off, the bicyclist got upset and punched the driver-side mirror on her vehicle, causing it to break.
He was cited for vandalism.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track