Oak Creek - A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for breaking the mirror on another driver's car during a road rage incident Feb. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A driver called police after she unintentionally cut off a bicyclist while he was riding in the right lane of traffic in the 2000 block of West Ryan Road about 4:15 p.m. Feb. 20. The bicyclist followed the driver into the lot of Shell Gas, 2170 W. Ryan Road, where he confronted the woman about her driving. An argument ensued, and the bicyclist smashed the mirror on her car with his hand.
The bicyclist then attempted to get on a city bus at the Ryan Road Park and Ride. However, the driver and her husband, who was a passenger in the car, asked the bus driver to wait until police arrived.
When police arrived and questioned the bicyclist, he told police he believed he was almost struck by the woman's vehicle when the woman passed him in the right lane so he followed her to the gas station to confront her. When the driver disagreed that she had cut him off, the bicyclist got upset and punched the driver-side mirror on her vehicle, causing it to break.
He was cited for vandalism.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Budget for new city buildings up $2 million
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist