Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square