Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin parent group pushes for larger school board membership
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence (1)
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate
- Proposed changes to Oak Creek Water and Sewer Utility Commission rejected (1)