Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say
- Greendale School District to "get on a different trajectory" for polling place issue
- Greendale Schools to re-evaluate polling place requests this Thursday
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue