Oak Creek — A neighbor upset about the untidy appearance of a nearby liquor store was cited for disorderly conduct after he retaliated by smashing a television set in front of the business June 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The Oak Creek man lives near Checker Liquor, 9110 S. Chicago Road. He told police he was upset about the "mess" at the business, and that he had spoken to the city on several occasions but felt not enough was being done to clean up the property.
The man went to the store and confronted the owner about 10:30 a.m. June 30. During the confrontation, the man said he asked the store owner how he would feel if he smashed a TV set on the sidewalk in front of his business "for his customers to see."
When the owner stated, "go ahead," the resident got a TV set and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the store.
He was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct. The officer also followed up with the city inspections department regarding a clean-up order for the business.
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- 'Vampire Academy' author to attend book signing at Oak Creek Public Library
- Cellphone tower stands in way of Oak Creek-Franklin school auditorium (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board gets three new faces