Oak Creek — A neighbor upset about the untidy appearance of a nearby liquor store was cited for disorderly conduct after he retaliated by smashing a television set in front of the business June 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The Oak Creek man lives near Checker Liquor, 9110 S. Chicago Road. He told police he was upset about the "mess" at the business, and that he had spoken to the city on several occasions but felt not enough was being done to clean up the property.
The man went to the store and confronted the owner about 10:30 a.m. June 30. During the confrontation, the man said he asked the store owner how he would feel if he smashed a TV set on the sidewalk in front of his business "for his customers to see."
When the owner stated, "go ahead," the resident got a TV set and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the store.
He was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct. The officer also followed up with the city inspections department regarding a clean-up order for the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek High School track to be named after Jerry Anstett
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi weighs-in on issues and successes of Oak Creek
- Chick-fil-A approval for Drexel Town Square generates 'buzz' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Incumbent Ruetz faces former alderman Verhalen in Oak Creek's 3rd District
- Incumbent Gehl faces former Alderwoman Grabowski in Oak Creek District 5 race
- Chick-fil-A approved for Drexel Town Square, conditions and restrictions not yet specified
- Video: Oak Creek reporter faces fear of falling through ice in safety training