Oak Creek — A neighbor upset about the untidy appearance of a nearby liquor store was cited for disorderly conduct after he retaliated by smashing a television set in front of the business June 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The Oak Creek man lives near Checker Liquor, 9110 S. Chicago Road. He told police he was upset about the "mess" at the business, and that he had spoken to the city on several occasions but felt not enough was being done to clean up the property.
The man went to the store and confronted the owner about 10:30 a.m. June 30. During the confrontation, the man said he asked the store owner how he would feel if he smashed a TV set on the sidewalk in front of his business "for his customers to see."
When the owner stated, "go ahead," the resident got a TV set and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the store.
He was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct. The officer also followed up with the city inspections department regarding a clean-up order for the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 24
- Firefighters respond to report of smoke at home, find DJ smoke machine on
- Police Report: April 22
- Jack Lang, 76, faces life in prison for allegedly killing his wife for 'giving him hell'
- Stella and Chewy's to relocate, expand to Oakview Business Park
- State of the City Twitter chat probes Drexel Town Square, construction and more
- Social media: Oak Creek Ask the Mayor Twitter chat recap
- Police, firefighters respond to brush, leaf fires in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17