Greendale — Alverno College students will work with Greendale elementary schools this year as part of a special program for reading instruction.
Pre-service teachers from the college will participate in a reading methods course designed to develop an understanding of the theory and strategies for reading instruction.
An Alverno professor will be on-site with the college students in the Greendale Schools to teach. Every Alverno student in the course will be paired with an elementary classroom to observe and engage in, while putting their theoretical learning into practice.
"This direct connection and experience before student teaching provides pre-service teachers with a deeper understanding of their theoretical learning and practical skills as they enter the profession," said Greendale Communications Director Kitty Goyette.
The Alverno course will begin in September.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program