· Three unindentified teens walked into a garage in the 100 block of West Sunnyview Drive and stole an Apple iPhone 5 that was on a lawn chair while it was charging at about 10:10 p.m. Aug. 24.
· Two females and one male accompanied shoplifted over $1,000 worth of merchandise at Love's Travel Center, 9650 S. 20th St., at about 2:55 p.m. Aug. 19. The incident was captured on security video.
· A female was arrested for shoplifting $74 worth of merchandise at Pick 'n Save, 6462 S. 27th St., at about 12:30 p.m. Aug. 20.
· Two wedding rings, valued at $300 each, were stolen out of a cabinet in a bathroom at a home in the 1000 block of East Montana Avenue between the morning of Aug. 13 and 8 p.m. Aug. 14. The victim stated she believed the theft occurred during a house party attended by 25 people.
· Two unidentified males attempted to shoplift a cart filled with $282 worth of groceries at Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., but fled after being confronted by store employees at about 7:40 p.m. Aug. 21.
· A wallet containing $500, two credit cards, a driver's license, two blank checks and a $500 third-party check was stolen out of his unlocked vehicle parked in the 900 block of West Riverside Drive between 12:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Aug. 24.
· A GPS unit, two computer charging cords, a dual power converter, two cellphone cables and $15 cash were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle in the 9000 block of South River Edge Drive between 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 10 a.m. Aug. 24.
· An unidentified female ran out of the store with a bag filled with merchandise, jumped into a waiting vehicle driven by another female, and sped out of the parking lot at a high rate of speed at Kohl's, 9035 S. Howell Ave., about 4:55 p.m. Aug. 24. Police are following up with the store to view security video.
· A purse was stolen out of her unlocked vehicle in the 8400 block of South Griffin Avenue between 11 p.m. Aug. 24 and 12:30 p.m. Aug. 25.
· A man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing drill and air-nailer bits in his pants at Menards, 6800 S. 27th St., at about 3:20 p.m. Aug. 25.
· A man was arrested for battery after he grabbed a woman by the hair and physically assaulted her in the parking lot at an apartment building in the 6900 block of South Timber Ridge Lane at about 2:40 a.m. Aug. 23.
· A female arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 10300 block of South Chicago Road at about 4:45 p.m. Aug. 20 following an incident in which her vehicle almost collided with a police squad car. A police dog located 13 grams of marijuana and a pipe in the glove box and a digital scale in the center console of her car. A male passenger fled the scene, but he was later arrested for resisting arrest.
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana following a traffic stop in the 1200 block of West College Avenue at about 10:15 p.m. Aug. 20. He had been pulled over and cited for texting while driving and operating after suspension. A police dog subsequently located four grams of THC in his vehicle
· A male was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in the 1000 block of West College Avenue at about 2 a.m. Aug. 21. A police dog located 2.6 grams of marijuana, a glass pipe with charred residue and a one-hitter pipe inside his vehicle. He was also cited for drinking open intoxicants in a vehicle and fourth-offense operating after suspension.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving at Speedway, 8667 S. Howell Ave., after an off-duty Cudahy police officer observed his vehicle swerving all over the roadway on Howell Avenue at Puetz Road at about 1:05 a.m. Aug. 23. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.20.
· A Racine man was arrested for drunken driving after he drove his vehicle into a ditch in the 1900 block of West Puetz Road at about 1:30 a.m. Aug. 23. The suspect refused field sobriety and breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after she rear-ended a vehicle and caused a three-car, chain reaction accident in the 1400 block of West Ryan Road at about 12:15 p.m. Aug. 25. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC 0.12.
· Two people were transported to the hospital after a driver ran a red light on South 13th Street and West Rawson Avenue and collided with another vehicle at about 3:15 p.m. Aug. 25. The driver was cited for violating a red light.
· An unidentified man used a fraudulent credit card to purchase over $12,000 worth of merchandise employee at Esch Power Equipment, 7948 S. 27th St., on Aug. 18. The credit card was initially rejected, but the sale proceeded after the man called someone posing as a Visa representative, who then provided a generic override code to authorize the sale. However, the man was subsequently arrested and was in the custody of Milwaukee police.
· Two loud explosions about five minutes apart were heard in the 500 block of West College Avenue at about 11:40 a.m. Aug. 19. Police contacted the Milwaukee County Sheriff's airport office, which explained that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has been shooting in the area to scare off birds and other nuisance animals.
· A male was cited for unnecessary acceleration/display of power after an officer saw him doing a 30- to 40-yard burnout/brake stand with his vehicle in the lower lot of Bender Park, 4503 E. Ryan Road, at about 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20. The male admitted doing the burnout when questioned, and stated he did it because he was trying to show off.
· A manager called police after he confronted an unknown man inside the cafeteria at National Technologies Inc., 7641 S. 10th St., at about 12:25 a.m. Aug. 21. The suspect, described as a 140-pound white male with dark hair, scruffy beard, and wearing a Quad Graphics shirt, told the manager he just came in to use the microwave and bathroom, but the manager stated he was there for at least 30 to 40 minutes. The man left before police arrived and was not located.
· Officers responding to a report of two people fighting inside Mobil Gas, 9510 S. 27th St., arrested a woman for resisting/obstructing an officer and took a man into custody for a probation violation at about 12:30 p.m. Aug. 21.
· A man who called 911 to report he was just physically assaulted by a patron and a security guard at Bootz Saloon and Grill, 8950 S. 27th St., was arrested for disorderly conduct at about 2:30 a.m. Aug. 22. Police discovered that the intoxicated man had to be restrained by a security guard and a patron during the incident. He also yelled at police and asked to be arrested.
· A woman reported an unidentified male driving a dark blue Jeep Cherokee tailgated her son after he passed him, cut him off when he attempted to turn at the intersection of South 10th Avenue and East Elm Road, and then got out of his vehicle and threatened to beat her son up at about 11:30 p.m. Aug. 22. Police traced the vehicle to its owner, but he stated he was not driving the car that evening. The suspect, described as a white male in his 30s with a dark goatee, was not located.
· An unidentified person poured vegetable oil on the steps of a residence in the 2100 block of West College Avenue, causing the resident to fall down the stairs and sustain a possible back injury at about 1:40 p.m. Aug. 23. Police discovered the oil was intentionally poured on the steps after responding to the scene with the Oak Creek Fire Department. The victim, who recently had back surgery, was transported to St. Luke's Hospital and gave police the name of a possible suspect, but she denied any knowledge of it.
· A resident in the 8800 block of South Oak Park Drive reported he got a phone call from an unidentified male who threatened his life at about 9:15 p.m. Aug. 23. The victim stated he got a phone call demanding that he pay $80 to his ex-girlfriend for a cat toy or he would "gut him and leave him in the woods." Neither the victim nor his ex-girlfriend knew who the caller was and he was advised to call police if he hears from him again.
· A jogger flagged down a police officer on South Quincy and East Drexel avenues to report he had just been bitten in the scrotum by a dog that was being walked by its owner in the 100 block of East Drexel Avenue at about 8:45 a.m. Aug. 24. The victim told the officer he did not believe the bite broke his skin, but would call the officer if it did. Another jogger also witnessed the bite. Police located the dog, a seven-year-old female border collie, and warned its owner to keep a tighter leash on the dog in the future.
· A resident in the 9700 block of South Mustang Place reported an unidentified white male in his early 20s stopped his vehicle in front of the caller's residence and urinated in the street at about 9:35 a.m. Aug. 25. When the caller confronted the man, he told him he just "dumped out a drink," but the caller told him that's not what he did. Police attempted to contact the man at his residence, but were unable to speak with or question him.
· Oak Creek police responded to four domestic violence calls and assisted the fire department with 20 rescue calls and two fire calls between Aug. 18 and Aug. 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: June 19, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: June 10
- Oak Creek Police Report: June 5, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: May 27