· An Xbox system and games valued at about $1,300 were stolen from an apartment in the 8000 block of South Wildwood Drive at about 5:40 p.m. July 29. The victim walked in while the burglary was in progress and found his TV set on the floor in the hallway. Police have the name of two possible suspects.
· A woman reported her 3-month-old black cat was stolen after she put it on a leash and tied it up outside Love's Travel Center, 9650 S. 20th St., between 8:30 and 9 p.m. July 29.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting $90 worth of merchandise at Pick 'n Save, 6462 S. 27th St., at about 6:15 p.m. July 30.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting $40 worth of produce and a bottle of tequila at Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., at about 4:45 p.m. Aug. 2.
· A 12-inch speaker, valued at $100, and a CD player/satellite radio, valued at $150, were stolen from a locked vehicle at the Oak Park Apartments, 8835 S. Oak Park Drive, between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 3 and 7:10 a.m. Aug. 4.
· A $200 HTC cellphone was stolen from an unlocked vehicle at the Oak Park Apartments between 4 p.m. Aug. 3 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 4.
· A small amount of change was stolen from a vehicle in a garage at The Gables, 50 E. Field Stone Circle, between the evening of Aug. 3 and 9 a.m. Aug. 4.
· A $150 Pioneer CD/radio was stolen from the dash of an unlocked vehicle at The Gables between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3 and 10 a.m. Aug. 4.
· One male was arrested for possession of Schedule II narcotics with intent to deliver and another male was arrested for possession of marijuana after police found 34 oxycodone pills and 14 grams of marijuana in their room during a patrol at Days Inn, 1201 W. College Ave., at about 3 a.m. July 31.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana and crack cocaine during a traffic stop in the 10200 block of South Howell Avenue at about 1:10 a.m. Aug. 1.
· Two men were arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after police found four grams of marijuana and a pipe in their room at LaQuinta, 7141 S. 13th St., at about 8:15 p.m. Aug. 2.
· A male was arrested for possession of narcotics (oxycodone) and drug paraphernalia after an officer pulled him over during a suspicious vehicle investigation in the lot at Speedway, 8667 S. Howell Ave., about 12:30 a.m. Aug. 5.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after he drove vehicle onto the front yard of residence in the 10400 block of South Katie Drive, and then fell asleep in the driver's seat with the engine still running at about 12:15 a.m. July 31. His passenger was also found sleeping in the passenger seat. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.15.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving in the 1400 block of West Rawson Avenue at about 12:40 a.m. Aug. 2. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.13.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 7900 block of South 27th Street at about 2:15 a.m. Aug. 2. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.19.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after he abandoned his damaged vehicle in the 1400 block of East College Avenue and was found, intoxicated, about two blocks away at about 4:20 a.m. Aug. 2.
· One person was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital after a two-vehicle accident in the 2300 block of East Highway 100 at about 11:30 a.m. July 29. One driver was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
· Two mailboxes were smashed in the 8500 block of South Sharon Drive at about 2:40 a.m. Aug. 3. One of the residents saw three or four juveniles in a dark sedan smash her mailbox with a bat and drive away. While checking the area, police found four other mailboxes damaged.
· A cab driver called 911 after an intoxicated female passenger in his cab told him she was dying in the 8500 block of South 13th St., at about 3:45 p.m. July 29. Police and Oak Creek Fire Department Rescue responded to the scene and the woman was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital due to her high level of intoxication. She was also cited for fraud/theft because she was unable to pay the cab fare.
· A counterfeit $50 bill was passed in the garden center at Menards, 6800 S. 27th St., on July 29.
· An employee at Speedway, 8667 S. Howell Ave., reported that a male customer was causing a loud and disturbance and yelling obscenities at about 10 p.m. July 29. The customer was claiming speedway is not paying out properly on lottery tickets, and then started threatening employees and stated he wanted to fight everyone. The responding officer ejected him from the business and advised him that any future incidents will result in his arrest.
· An officer responding to a report of a group of male juveniles walking eastbound and knocking over trash cans in the 1900 block of West Oakwood Boulevard arrested three males for underage drinking at about 1:30 a.m. July 31.
· Two males were arrested for disorderly conduct at Applebee's, 7135 S. 13th St., after they followed two customers out in the parking lot after some words were exchanged inside, surrounded their vehicle and punched it as they drove away at about 1:15 a.m. Aug. 2.
· A caller reported an unidentified man driving a red pickup truck chased her children, used a racial slur and threatened them while they were walking in the area of South Rawson and Quincy avenues at about 7:15 p.m. Aug. 2. Police checked the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
· Oak Creek police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted the fire department with 10 rescue calls and two fire calls between July 29 and Aug. 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 31, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 24, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 17, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 10, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 5, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 29, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 22, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue