· A vehicle valued at $6,000 was stolen off the lot at Unlimited Auto, 9340 S. 27th St., between May 18 and May 21.
· An unindentified male stole a woman's purse at Pick 'n Save, 8770 S. Howell Ave., at about 4:10 p.m. May 22. The incident was captured on video surveillance. One of her credit cards was used to make three fraudulent purchases at Target. Police identified and located the suspects on May 23 and they were arrested and charged with theft and two counts of fraudulent use of a credit card.
· A $400 smartphone was stolen at Oak Leaf Park, 401 W. Centennial Drive,prior to 8:45 p.m. May 22.
· A pair of $200 sunglasses were stolen from a car parked in the 3300 block of East Carole Court between 10 p.m. May 22 and 6:40 a.m. May 23.
· A copper and bronze burial sign was taken from a grave at Forest Hill Memorial Park, 3301 E. Forest Hill Ave., prior to 3:20 p.m. May 26.
· An Oak Creek man was arrested and taken into custody for physical abuse of a child at about 2 p.m. May 20. The man allegedly struck his young son across the face with an open hand while the boy was trying to get into the shower, causing the boy to fall and sustain bruising on his head and an abrasion on his nose.
· A male was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia (a metal pipe) during a traffic stop in the 6600 block of South 13th Street at about 7:50 p.m. May 21. The man was also cited for speeding.
· A female was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found two syringes, a burnt tin cooker and three tourniquets in her possession after she was arrested for forgery at Target, 8989 S. Howell Ave., at 4:10 p.m. May 23.
· A female was arrested for possession of cocaine after K-9 Bronco located a plastic bag containing .2 grams of cocaine and another plastic bag containing seven crack rocks in her purse after she was pulled over and cited for operating after suspension and no insurance in the 1300 block of West College Avenue at about 12:30 a.m. May 24.
· A female was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after she was pulled over for inattentive driving in the 1400 block of West Drexel Avenue at about 2:30 a.m. May 24.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana after police recovered about 60 grams of marijuana in his room at Days Inn, 1201 W. College Ave., at about 1 a.m. May 25.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana after police found marijuana blunt in his room at LaQuinta, 7141 S. 13th St., at 2:35 a.m. May 27. The man was also arrested for obstructing police (giving a false name), and then later admitted he lied because he had outstanding warrants.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving and after a police officer pulled her over for driving in the emergency/bicycle lane with no headlamps on in the 7500 block of South Howell Avenue at about 1:30 a.m. May 21. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.18.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (third offense) after he struck a parked car at Pick 'n Save and was pulled over in the 10100 block of South 27th Street at about 8 p.m. May 21. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.14.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana, cocaine and drug paraphernalia at LaQuinta, 7141 S. 13th St., at about 1 a.m. May 22.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after an officer pulled him over for swerving and driving 42 mph in a 25-mph zone in the 6500 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue at about 3 a.m. May 22. He failed, then refused to complete field sobriety tests and refused to take a breath test and was taken into custody.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after she failed to negotiate a turn while traveling eastbound in the 300 block of East Drexel Avenue and struck a metal light pole at about 8:50 p.m. May 22. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.29.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after she almost struck a pedestrian in the 6700 block of South 27th Street at about 12:30 a.m. May 23. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.16. The pedestrian was not injured.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving at Burger King, 1250 W. Rawson Ave., after a manager called police to report a possible intoxicated driver in the drive-thru at about 12:30 a.m. May 24. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.12. The driver and a female passenger admitted to taking a glass of alcohol from Classic Lanes and "taking sips" while driving, and they were both were cited for possessing/drinking open intoxicants in a vehicle. The female was later arrested for possession of Schedule II narcotics after police found 10 Percocet pills in her purse.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving after an officer pulled her over for speeding in the 6900 block of South 27th Street at about 3:40 a.m. May 24. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.18. While police were still on the scene, the suspect's boyfriend arrived in a separate vehicle. When police discovered he was also borderline intoxicated, they made him park his car and make arrangements to get home in some other way.
· A landscaping company employee was transported to Froedtert Hospital after his riding mower slid down a grassy hill, went out of control, flipped over a retaining wall and landed in a parking lot at a NDC LLC, 6312 S. 27th St., at about 8:05 a.m. May 20. The victim sustained two broken arms.
· One man was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for treatment of head and abdomen pain after a vehicle crossed over the center line and struck another vehicle in the 9000 block of South 13th Street at about 5:35 a.m. May 21. The driver who crossed the center line stated he was reaching into his backpack to find his work keys and took his eyes off the road.
· A male employee was transported to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital after he attempted to clear a drum jam inside a machine and a steel exit door closed on his wrist, breaking his arm, at Mid-America Steel Drum, 8570 S. Chicago Road, at about 6:15 a.m. May 23.
· One person was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for treatment of minor facial injuries after the vehicle she was riding in rear-ended another vehicle in the 1900 block of West Ryan Road at about 2:40 p.m. May 25. A driver was cited for following too closely.
· A male was transported to Froedtert Hospital for evaluation after he dumped his motorcycle while driving through a roundabout in the 2000 block of East College Avenue at about 12:50 p.m. May 26.
· The front and rear passenger side tires of an instructor's vehicle were slashed at Milwaukee Area Technical College, 6665 S. Howell Ave., between 7:50 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. May 21. Damage is estimated at $300.
· A resident reported her car was scratched while it was parked in the 8700 block of South Oak Park Drive between 8 p.m. May 20 and 8 p.m. May 21. Damage to the vehicle is estimated at $500. The victim gave police the name of several possible suspects, and police arrested a man for criminal damage to property at about 8:20 p.m. May 22.
· The driver's side window of a vehicle was broken in the 2600 block of West Sycamore Avenue between 9 p.m. May 21 and 8:20 p.m. May 22. Damage is estimated at $400.
· A BB pellet was shot at the front window of a home in the 2400 block of West Carrington Avenue between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. May 24. Damage to the window is estimated at $300.
· A male juvenile was cited for possessing a dangerous weapon at Oak Creek Middle School, 9330 S. Shepard Ave., at about noon May 21. An administrator reported the boy was showing other students a 31/2-inch knife. Police confiscated it.
· A boy called 911 after an unidentified man got out of his vehicle and started swinging a baseball bat at him and three of his friends while they were riding bicycles on East American Avenue and South Chicago Road at about 7:50 p.m. May 21. The youths had been riding bicycles when the suspect drove by and stared at them. When one of the boys gave him the peace sign, the suspect stopped and approached them with the bat, then chased them as they rode off. He was described as a Hispanic male wearing a black shirt and tan shorts, and was driving a forest green, four-door Honda or Toyota. There was also a blonde female passenger in his car.
· A man was arrested for resisting/obstructing an officer in the parking lot at Southbound, 8171 S. Howell Ave., at about 8:45 a.m. May 23. The man was initially pulled over for questioning after he became disorderly and threatened several residents who he claimed "stole his guns" at a home in the 3700 block of East Garden Place. After he was stoppped by police, the man got out of his vehicle and became belligerent, refused to comply with police commands and the attempted to grab something out of his pants pocket.
· Oak Creek police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with 14 rescue calls between May 20 and May 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 5, 2015
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 8, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 1, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue