Oak Creek — Since handing Dunkin' Donuts the keys to the property at 8750 S. Howell Ave., Aqua Salon and Spa owners have purchased the former UAW building at 7435 S. Howell Ave.
The business plans to open in upcoming weeks.
Aqua has been in business for almost four years in Oak Creek, but the owners had to move due to what co-owner Jeff Fluegel called a "loophole" that ousted the salon and spa out of its former location.
"It definitely forced us to look into other options," said co-owner Annette Fluegel.
The purchase of the old UAW building is expected to pay off. The couple has acquired 10,000 additional square feet of operation space — for a total of 12,000 square feet — at the new location and can operate on two floors. Hair will be on the main floor, with the spa on the lower level.
A grand opening celebration is slated for June, Annette Fluegel said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Cinema to feature lounge, pizzeria and leather recliners
- Oak Creek police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District considers how to address need for auditorium
- Cedar Hills to celebrate fifth-grade artwork in annual Gallery Night
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day