Oak Creek — Since handing Dunkin' Donuts the keys to the property at 8750 S. Howell Ave., Aqua Salon and Spa owners have purchased the former UAW building at 7435 S. Howell Ave.
The business plans to open in upcoming weeks.
Aqua has been in business for almost four years in Oak Creek, but the owners had to move due to what co-owner Jeff Fluegel called a "loophole" that ousted the salon and spa out of its former location.
"It definitely forced us to look into other options," said co-owner Annette Fluegel.
The purchase of the old UAW building is expected to pay off. The couple has acquired 10,000 additional square feet of operation space — for a total of 12,000 square feet — at the new location and can operate on two floors. Hair will be on the main floor, with the spa on the lower level.
A grand opening celebration is slated for June, Annette Fluegel said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Not one more' life: Oak Creek service stresses need for drop in gun violence
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Video: Oak Creek-Franklin flips coin to determine task force chair; parents invited to apply
- #RisingForCharleston Service to support victims of church shooting, request stricter gun laws
- Oak Creek-Franklin Superintendent Sara Burmeister retires
- Oak Creek police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove police seek leads in robbery
- Oak Creek-Franklin board forms new committee to deal with school boundaries debate
- Proposed changes to Oak Creek Water and Sewer Utility Commission rejected
- Live music, fun activities to follow Oak Creek's annual Fourth of July Parade