Oak Creek — Since handing Dunkin' Donuts the keys to the property at 8750 S. Howell Ave., Aqua Salon and Spa owners have purchased the former UAW building at 7435 S. Howell Ave.
The business plans to open in upcoming weeks.
Aqua has been in business for almost four years in Oak Creek, but the owners had to move due to what co-owner Jeff Fluegel called a "loophole" that ousted the salon and spa out of its former location.
"It definitely forced us to look into other options," said co-owner Annette Fluegel.
The purchase of the old UAW building is expected to pay off. The couple has acquired 10,000 additional square feet of operation space — for a total of 12,000 square feet — at the new location and can operate on two floors. Hair will be on the main floor, with the spa on the lower level.
A grand opening celebration is slated for June, Annette Fluegel said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek girl says driver tried to lure her into vehicle
- Oak Creek police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Sewing shop owner stitches home and work into one in Oak Creek
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board takes more time to consider boundaries tied to new school
- Public invited to create Georgie Porgie's next 'burger of the month'
- Oak Creek police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- New clock tower could rise to iconic status in Oak Creek (1)
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding