Oak Creek — Since handing Dunkin' Donuts the keys to the property at 8750 S. Howell Ave., Aqua Salon and Spa owners have purchased the former UAW building at 7435 S. Howell Ave.
The business plans to open in upcoming weeks.
Aqua has been in business for almost four years in Oak Creek, but the owners had to move due to what co-owner Jeff Fluegel called a "loophole" that ousted the salon and spa out of its former location.
"It definitely forced us to look into other options," said co-owner Annette Fluegel.
The purchase of the old UAW building is expected to pay off. The couple has acquired 10,000 additional square feet of operation space — for a total of 12,000 square feet — at the new location and can operate on two floors. Hair will be on the main floor, with the spa on the lower level.
A grand opening celebration is slated for June, Annette Fluegel said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories