Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility
- Oak Creek pays its 60th year 'forward' with monthly acts of service