Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New schools gain ground in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek announces open house for new Civic Center
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive