Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- Oak Creek police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (16)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District reschedules enrollment boundary meeting (1)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look
- Oak Creek police report: April 16, 2015 issue (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District discusses new enrollment boundaries
- Salvation Army in Oak Creek to host human trafficking awareness event