Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)
- New Oak Creek Fire Station No. 1 to host open house
- Water Street Brewery opens Oak Creek location
- Oak Creek High announces student registration schedule
- Oak Creek Library to use Meijer donation for teen Internet cafe
- Annual 'ChardhiKala' 6K run to honor victims of Sikh Temple shooting