Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek and Franklin primary: What's on the ballot
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A announces March grand opening, 'First 100' promotion
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy (1)
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek denies police chief's request for 7.5 % raise
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study