Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Caterpillar Inc. moves Oak Creek mining equipment HQ to South Milwaukee
- 'Evening of Blessings' provides the less fortunate with Thanksgiving dinner
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue