Oak Creek — Bike warning signs will be added to the Drexel and Howell Avenue intersection this week due to requests made by resident bicyclists.
The Common Council approved the new signage May 6, agreeing that Drexel Town Square will only increase traffic at the already populated cross streets.
"We're trying to bring some attention to our traveling bicyclists. You've got to share the road. It's part of the law," said Matt Sullivan, secretary of the Traffic & Safety Commission.
Those who proposed the new signage participate in the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and bike to work regularly, some traveling all the way to Northwestern Mutual on South 27th Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District considers how to address need for auditorium
- Cedar Hills to celebrate fifth-grade artwork in annual Gallery Night
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day
- Oak Creek High School track now open to public Saturday mornings