Hampton Inn & Suites breaks ground in Franklin
Franklin — Hampton Hotels broke ground on April 24 for its new 100-room Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee, located at 6901 S. 76th St.
The hotel, owned by FF&E LLC and operated by Everest Hospitality LLC, is expected to be completed by December 2014.
Once open, the Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee/Franklin will provide an estimated 35 new jobs to the Franklin area, stated a press release from Hampton Hotels.
"We are excited to break ground on this project and look forward to bringing a new lodging option to Franklin," said Lance Schaefer, president of Everest Hospitality.
for the season
Hales Corners — Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, 9400 Boerner Drive, officially opened for the season.
The gift shop, Nell's Café and the UW-Extension Horticultural Answer Hotline opened April 28. Master Gardeners will be available to answer questions, in person, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
For the upcoming celebration of National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 9, flowering shrubs and trees and some spring bulbs should be in bloom. Boerner participates in the celebration by offering a "buy one admission, get one free" promotion and a $10 discount on Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens memberships.
During the celebration, horticultural staff will introduce the public to the gardens through one-hour walks at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Master Gardeners are be available in the Education and Visitor Center Atrium to answer questions, and members of garden clubs and plant societies will have tables set up.
Regular admission is $5 per adult; $4 per person with disability, Milwaukee County Senior with ID (age 60+), or student of any age with ID; and $3 per youth (ages 6-17).
To receive the discounted admission on National Public Gardens Day, visitors must print the coupon available at www.nationalpublicgardensday.org/content/boerner-botanical-gardens. For information, call (414) 525-5601 or visit countyparks.com.
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 14, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 31, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 24, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 17, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 3, 2016
- News & Notes: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015