The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a 911 caller who reported smoke was pouring out of a mobile home to find a smoke machine on.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Firefighters and police responded to the call about a mobile home at Sunrise Shores, 8481 S. 5th Ave., about 7 p.m. April 19. When emergency workers arrived they saw smoke coming out of the windows of the trailer.
Officials determined the smoke was coming from a DJ's smoke machine that was left on inside the residence.
An officer spoke with the resident, who stated that he and four other people were at the trailer and left about 6:45 p.m., and that someone must have left the smoke machine on prior to their departure.
There was no damage to the trailer and the site was cleared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)
- New Oak Creek Fire Station No. 1 to host open house
- Water Street Brewery opens Oak Creek location
- Oak Creek High announces student registration schedule
- Oak Creek Library to use Meijer donation for teen Internet cafe
- Annual 'ChardhiKala' 6K run to honor victims of Sikh Temple shooting