The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a 911 caller who reported smoke was pouring out of a mobile home to find a smoke machine on.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Firefighters and police responded to the call about a mobile home at Sunrise Shores, 8481 S. 5th Ave., about 7 p.m. April 19. When emergency workers arrived they saw smoke coming out of the windows of the trailer.
Officials determined the smoke was coming from a DJ's smoke machine that was left on inside the residence.
An officer spoke with the resident, who stated that he and four other people were at the trailer and left about 6:45 p.m., and that someone must have left the smoke machine on prior to their departure.
There was no damage to the trailer and the site was cleared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility
- Oak Creek pays its 60th year 'forward' with monthly acts of service