The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a 911 caller who reported smoke was pouring out of a mobile home to find a smoke machine on.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Firefighters and police responded to the call about a mobile home at Sunrise Shores, 8481 S. 5th Ave., about 7 p.m. April 19. When emergency workers arrived they saw smoke coming out of the windows of the trailer.
Officials determined the smoke was coming from a DJ's smoke machine that was left on inside the residence.
An officer spoke with the resident, who stated that he and four other people were at the trailer and left about 6:45 p.m., and that someone must have left the smoke machine on prior to their departure.
There was no damage to the trailer and the site was cleared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election