The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a 911 caller who reported smoke was pouring out of a mobile home to find a smoke machine on.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Firefighters and police responded to the call about a mobile home at Sunrise Shores, 8481 S. 5th Ave., about 7 p.m. April 19. When emergency workers arrived they saw smoke coming out of the windows of the trailer.
Officials determined the smoke was coming from a DJ's smoke machine that was left on inside the residence.
An officer spoke with the resident, who stated that he and four other people were at the trailer and left about 6:45 p.m., and that someone must have left the smoke machine on prior to their departure.
There was no damage to the trailer and the site was cleared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring