A new teacher compensation structure based on performance and instructional effectiveness was approved by Oak Creek Franklin School Board members Monday in response to the state's new teacher evaluation program.
Instructors' professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness will be assessed in the new structure and will categorize them into four tier groups. Initial educators comprise tier one; professional or master educators will be identified as tier two, three or four, depending on how consistently instructors demonstrate professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness.
The pay range for each tier will reflect the increased level of effectiveness, according to the School Board meeting minutes. Tier four is the maximum pay range.
The School Board is now tasked to work out details of the compensation structure, including pay range minimum and maximums, while staying competitive to other districts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track