A new teacher compensation structure based on performance and instructional effectiveness was approved by Oak Creek Franklin School Board members Monday in response to the state's new teacher evaluation program.
Instructors' professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness will be assessed in the new structure and will categorize them into four tier groups. Initial educators comprise tier one; professional or master educators will be identified as tier two, three or four, depending on how consistently instructors demonstrate professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness.
The pay range for each tier will reflect the increased level of effectiveness, according to the School Board meeting minutes. Tier four is the maximum pay range.
The School Board is now tasked to work out details of the compensation structure, including pay range minimum and maximums, while staying competitive to other districts.
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square