Franklin hosts posture workshop for golfers
Franklin — The Franklin Health Department will host "Improve Your Movement, Improve Your Golf Game" from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27 at the Franklin Public Library, 9151 W. Loomis Road.
The program, part of the department's Adult Education Series, will discuss basic posture advice that can be applied to sports activities as well as for the homeowner looking to reduce back strain and injury doing yard and gardening.
Carla Larsen, a Wisconsin licensed certified athletic trainer from Accelerated Rehabilitation, will promote good postural principles and exercises endorsed by professional golfer Jack Nicklaus and the Golf Channel as well as how to make golf swings more relaxed and consistent.
Participants can register for the free event by calling the library at (414) 425-8214 or by signing up in person.
Canterbury Elementary raises money for Honor Flights
Greendale — Canterbury Elementary School's Student Council has been raising money to fund a Stars and Stripes Honor Flight Trip for a World War II veteran.
The school recently reported raising $1,150 since it kicked off the drive with a Night of Giving in February. The money raised will be enough to send two veterans to Washington, D.C., to see their memorial. The school will be presenting the check to the organization this month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 12, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: May 22
- News & Notes: May 15 issue
- News & Notes: May 8 issue
- News & Notes: April 29
- News & Notes: April 24