Oak Creek — Police are seeking a man who stole an Xbox gaming system and vandalized an Oak Creek resident's apartment Jan. 7 after responding to an ad the resident posted on craigslist.com.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The victim told officers a black male about 19 years old came to his apartment in the 100 block of West Puetz Road about 6:15 p.m. Jan. 7 to pay for an Xbox videogame system the victim had advertised on craigslist.com a month earlier.
The buyer had been to the victim's residence about three or four times during the month after the ad was posted and had paid him a total of $20 toward the purchase of the Xbox.
When the buyer returned to the victim's residence the evening of Jan. 7, he told the victim he was going to take the Xbox to his car and would come back with the rest of the money he owed. When the victim disagreed with that plan, the would-be buyer grabbed the Xbox and fled.
Several minutes later, the victim said he heard his window break and believed he heard the male yell, "It's gonna be a cold night," before driving off.
The victim provided the investigating officer with multiple phone numbers he received from younger males who inquired about the Xbox. However, when the officer identified himself to the possible suspects they hung up, and then turned the phones off.
The Xbox is valued at $400, and damage to the window is estimated at $150.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Evening of Blessings' provides the less fortunate with Thanksgiving dinner
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Charcoal Grill restaurant approved for old bank location in Oak Creek (3)