Oak Creek — Police are seeking a man who stole an Xbox gaming system and vandalized an Oak Creek resident's apartment Jan. 7 after responding to an ad the resident posted on craigslist.com.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The victim told officers a black male about 19 years old came to his apartment in the 100 block of West Puetz Road about 6:15 p.m. Jan. 7 to pay for an Xbox videogame system the victim had advertised on craigslist.com a month earlier.
The buyer had been to the victim's residence about three or four times during the month after the ad was posted and had paid him a total of $20 toward the purchase of the Xbox.
When the buyer returned to the victim's residence the evening of Jan. 7, he told the victim he was going to take the Xbox to his car and would come back with the rest of the money he owed. When the victim disagreed with that plan, the would-be buyer grabbed the Xbox and fled.
Several minutes later, the victim said he heard his window break and believed he heard the male yell, "It's gonna be a cold night," before driving off.
The victim provided the investigating officer with multiple phone numbers he received from younger males who inquired about the Xbox. However, when the officer identified himself to the possible suspects they hung up, and then turned the phones off.
The Xbox is valued at $400, and damage to the window is estimated at $150.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square