Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Chick-fil-A celebrates National Lemonade Day with free samples in Brookfield, Greendale
- Police notes: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin board puts school space-related referendum questions on November ballot
- Two years later, Oak Creek officers honored for efforts in Sikh Temple shooting
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School Board to vote on referendum question
- Oak Creek road rage leads to rollover
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Sikhs celebrate an anniversary of 'healing'