Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- 'Vampire Academy' author to attend book signing at Oak Creek Public Library
- Cellphone tower stands in way of Oak Creek-Franklin school auditorium (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board gets three new faces