Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public workshop welcomes input for Lake Vista redevelopment
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Residents can provide input for updated Oak Creek comprehensive plan
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Santa is ready to come to Oak Creek with a holiday workshop, bake contest and games
- Drugs, and concern about them, are on the rise in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek, Franklin residents vote "yes" to only one OCFSD referendum question