Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring