Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
- Oak Creek police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek strategizes for an updated plan
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue