Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- OCFSD school board member resigns
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility