Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 24
- Firefighters respond to report of smoke at home, find DJ smoke machine on
- Police Report: April 22
- Jack Lang, 76, faces life in prison for allegedly killing his wife for 'giving him hell'
- Stella and Chewy's to relocate, expand to Oakview Business Park
- State of the City Twitter chat probes Drexel Town Square, construction and more
- Social media: Oak Creek Ask the Mayor Twitter chat recap
- Police, firefighters respond to brush, leaf fires in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17