Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District considers how to address need for auditorium
- Cedar Hills to celebrate fifth-grade artwork in annual Gallery Night
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day
- Oak Creek High School track now open to public Saturday mornings