Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program