Oak Creek — Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 10300 block of South Ashley Lane about 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The residents attempted to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire, which apparently started in a sunroom off the kitchen area of the home. However, the fire spread too quickly, and they had to evacuate the home.
The Oak Creek Fire Department received assistance from the Franklin, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, St. Francis and Caledonia fire departments, and the Red Cross assisted the residents with sleeping arrangements.
Damage to the home and personal belongings is estimated to be over $140,000.
No cause had been determined at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek
- 2 arrested after having sex in car in grocery store parking lot
- Star Wars-themed events held through Saturday at Oak Creek Public Library
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Wrecked car cautions high schoolers against impaired, distracted driving
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway