Oak Creek — A cab driver who decided to spend an afternoon at an Oak Creek hotel with an "old female friend" he picked up in Milwaukee called police after he woke up a few hours later and found his friend missing — along with his cab, his money and his cellphone — Dec. 22.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The man told police he picked up an old female friend at an Open Pantry in Milwaukee and took her to a room at the Candlewood Suites, 6440 S. 13th St., about 12:45 p.m.
He told police he believed her name was "Nikki," but he didn't know her last name or any other information about her.
The investigating officer contacted an employee at Candlewood Suites, who confirmed that the two did check into the room about 12:47 p.m. The employee also told police she received a call from the female, who wanted to know if the hotel had any sex toys available for sale or rent.
The man told police he and the woman drank alcohol together, and that he fell asleep about 1:30 p.m. When he woke up about 7:20 p.m., his friend, his car keys, his yellow 1999 Dodge Caravan, a $630 cellphone and about $240 were missing.
At 9:15 p.m. Dec. 23, police received a call from the man, who had found his vehicle in the 1000 block of South 20th Street in Milwaukee. There was no damage to the vehicle, but he later reported that a $130 GPS unit he had inside his cab was missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17
- Corrections: April 17
- Police Report: April 15
- 'Treat and Go' trauma kits will fill Oak Creek classrooms
- Club 2:35 inspires creativity outside of the classroom
- Man calls police, is arrested after punching officer in head
- Sikhs in Washington honor Officer Brian Murphy
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay
- Cash donations for funeral taken from Oak Creek home