Oak Creek police warned a driver for tailgating after he said he was hurrying to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold.
According to the police report, which was released this week:
A motorist called police to report the driver of a Gold Windstar was tailgating her, passed her on 13th Street at Willow Drive, then continued to tailgate other vehicles, causing hazardous driving conditions for other drivers, about 5 p.m. July 26.
Police stopped the driver, who said he was in a hurry to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold, but the driver didn't admit to tailgating.
The officer warned the driver about the complaint and that further complaints would result in citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek cops called for 'burning flesh' odor, but find a feast instead
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- New Year's Eve party to raise money to curb violence
- Oak Creek freezes employee pay for 2014
- Recycling used electronics for free
- $2.5 million needed to update library
- Oak Creek District 6 aldermanic seat will be contested (2)
- Black Bear to expand bottling operation in Oak Creek (2)
- Oak Creek ups spending to $24.3M in 2014