Oak Creek — A man is facing a state charge after he pointed a loaded gun at another driver during a road rage incident in Oak Creek on July 9.
According to the incident log released by Oak Creek police last week:
A motorist reported he was driving northbound in the 6300 block of South Howell Avenue when another driver started yelling at him and pointed a handgun out the window of his vehicle at about 3 p.m. July 9.
An officer responded to the suspect's residence and observed a small Glock pistol lying in plain view in the front cup holder of his vehicle.
When questioned, both the suspect and his pregnant girlfriend, who was a passenger in his car at the time, explained the incident in a similar way as the victim. The suspect also admitted he yelled and pointed his gun at the other motorist because he was was driving poorly.
The suspect turned the handgun over to the officer, who observed that it was loaded with one round in the chamber.
The suspect was arrested and is facing a state charge of disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Generosity finds its way to those who need it in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek cops called for 'burning flesh' odor, but find a feast instead
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- New Year's Eve party to raise money to curb violence
- Oak Creek freezes employee pay for 2014
- Recycling used electronics for free
- $2.5 million needed to update library
- Oak Creek District 6 aldermanic seat will be contested (3)