You may have noticed today that MyCommunityNOW sites have switched from our previous commenting system to a new model, which requires a Facebook account.
We hope this change, which requires people to post using their real names, will elevate the level of transparency, discussion and civility in our comment threads.
The new commenting system may look familiar to NOW readers who also visit Today'sTMJ4, which uses the same system.
We know there will still be users who post comments which violate our guidelines. We would ask you to report abusive comments by clicking the "X" that appears on the top-right corner of a comment. Users who have previously registered on a NOW site will have to create a Facebook account to comment.
We also would like to hear any feedback or technical problems you may have with the new system. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Facebook comments.
One current issue is that the comment bubble, which shows the amount of comments made to a story or blog post, is not properly updating. Thanks for your patience as we work through these issues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek High School track to be named after Jerry Anstett
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi weighs-in on issues and successes of Oak Creek
- Chick-fil-A approval for Drexel Town Square generates 'buzz' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Incumbent Ruetz faces former alderman Verhalen in Oak Creek's 3rd District
- Incumbent Gehl faces former Alderwoman Grabowski in Oak Creek District 5 race
- Chick-fil-A approved for Drexel Town Square, conditions and restrictions not yet specified
- Video: Oak Creek reporter faces fear of falling through ice in safety training