An Oak Creek mother who just wanted her kids to eat "without putting up a fuss" called 911 after her family got upset over what she brought home for dinner last week.
According to the police report:
In calling police at about 4:30 p.m. March 6, she reported that her children, who got into a food fight the night before, were now fighting about dinner again. She stated she wanted officers to come to the home and tell her children to eat whatever she cooks or brings home for dinner.
When police arrived, they discovered the caller was 66 years old and her children included her 31-year-old daughter, who acknowledged she had a verbal argument with her mother over food. The number and ages of the other "children" in the household were not specified.
Officers talked to the older woman, who stated she brought pizza home for dinner but didn't get any breadsticks and her children were upset.
The mother told police that she has health problems and doesn't need to be arguing about dinner.
The officers, who did note that no one was drinking or on drugs, provided the family with options on what they could do to about keeping the peace at dinner time, and the proper use of 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track