Oak Creek - When your vehicle gets towed, it never ends well. But for one alert truck owner, a clandestine tow ended with the arrest of the tow truck driver.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A man called police after he saw a tow truck, with no lights on, tow his truck away from the former Black Diamond grounds, 124 E. Rawson Ave., about 8:45 p.m. Feb. 21. When the tow truck left the lot, the caller followed it to the Mobil station at 13th Street and Rawson Avenue.
Police arrived at the gas station the same time as the drivers and questioned both. The caller provided police with proof of ownership of the truck.
The tow truck driver, a 26-year-old Waukesha man, gave the officer conflicting information about who had authorized the tow and could not provide any documentation that the tow was legitimate.
Police arrested the tow truck driver for theft, and he was taken into custody. He is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office March 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Budget for new city buildings up $2 million
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist