A strange smell coming from a pair of shoes resulted in the discovery of a hidden cache of marijuana last week.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident called police about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 after her daycare provider in the 8100 block of South Wildwood Drive told her that her 2-year-old's shoes smelled "like skunk."
The resident later found a plastic bag containing a small amount of marijuana in the shoe.
Officers questioned the child's father, who had dropped his son at daycare that day, and he stated his son's shoes were bought at a rummage sale and he had no idea where the marijuana came from.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories