A strange smell coming from a pair of shoes resulted in the discovery of a hidden cache of marijuana last week.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident called police about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 after her daycare provider in the 8100 block of South Wildwood Drive told her that her 2-year-old's shoes smelled "like skunk."
The resident later found a plastic bag containing a small amount of marijuana in the shoe.
Officers questioned the child's father, who had dropped his son at daycare that day, and he stated his son's shoes were bought at a rummage sale and he had no idea where the marijuana came from.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17
- Corrections: April 17
- Police Report: April 15
- 'Treat and Go' trauma kits will fill Oak Creek classrooms
- Club 2:35 inspires creativity outside of the classroom
- Man calls police, is arrested after punching officer in head
- Sikhs in Washington honor Officer Brian Murphy
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay
- Cash donations for funeral taken from Oak Creek home