A strange smell coming from a pair of shoes resulted in the discovery of a hidden cache of marijuana last week.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident called police about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 after her daycare provider in the 8100 block of South Wildwood Drive told her that her 2-year-old's shoes smelled "like skunk."
The resident later found a plastic bag containing a small amount of marijuana in the shoe.
Officers questioned the child's father, who had dropped his son at daycare that day, and he stated his son's shoes were bought at a rummage sale and he had no idea where the marijuana came from.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility
- Oak Creek pays its 60th year 'forward' with monthly acts of service