A strange smell coming from a pair of shoes resulted in the discovery of a hidden cache of marijuana last week.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident called police about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 after her daycare provider in the 8100 block of South Wildwood Drive told her that her 2-year-old's shoes smelled "like skunk."
The resident later found a plastic bag containing a small amount of marijuana in the shoe.
Officers questioned the child's father, who had dropped his son at daycare that day, and he stated his son's shoes were bought at a rummage sale and he had no idea where the marijuana came from.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Diversity garden tripling in size
- City withdraws $300K grant request for lakefront
- Police Report: May 14
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- Oak Creek police search for repeat shoplifting duo
- Woman arrested for providing unlicensed escort services