A strange smell coming from a pair of shoes resulted in the discovery of a hidden cache of marijuana last week.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident called police about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 after her daycare provider in the 8100 block of South Wildwood Drive told her that her 2-year-old's shoes smelled "like skunk."
The resident later found a plastic bag containing a small amount of marijuana in the shoe.
Officers questioned the child's father, who had dropped his son at daycare that day, and he stated his son's shoes were bought at a rummage sale and he had no idea where the marijuana came from.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community center screens documentary about Sikh temple shooting
- Multiple injured or sick coyote sightings reported in Oak Creek
- School district expects building recommendation by July
- Oak Creek OKs borrowing $20.5 million for City Hall/Library
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Man arrested for pulling man from car, punching him
- Date steals woman's belongings, strands her at gas station
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record